1/02/2007

There's always money in the banana stand.

Minion Status:
Happy 007!
Back at work and back online - I decided (mostly through total laziness) to take an intertube break for the holiday. There was much watching of TV and lying on my couch. Sadly, Dr. Phil is less about stupid/offensive people and more about nice things on the holiday. Maury knows enough to keep up with the paternity tests.
No coughing, no flu, no fever, nothin'. Whoo. Sadly, I was sick in the wee hours of the morning, but I think I just ate something that my body chose to reject.

Best Season I Have Watched on DVD to Date:
MI-5 - Why is each season like $100?!?!

DVD Haul (Gifts or Bought With Gift Cash):
- Mean Girls (Watched Twice)
- Clueless (Watched Once)
- Dangerous Liasons (Watched Once)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Watched over Five times)
- Hustle and Flow (Not yet!)
- The Constant Gardener (Watched Once)
- Arrested Development, Seasons One and Two (Watched most of it once)
- The O.C., Season One (Unopened)
- The Bruce Lee Collection (Vaughn's, but I will watch it)
*Totals refer to DVD viewings

Hair Status:
Relatively Normal

TV-Related Resolutions To Keep Me Honest:
- Write Two Spec Scripts
- Develop Pilot Ideas with Vaughn, Rat
- Take a class
- Post more often

What're you going to do with your 2007? Let's kick ass and take names this year!

2 comments:

ME said...

Welcome back ... I was starting to think you abandoned us.

Re: Talladega Nights. I don't know why, but I cannot get enough of that movie. Pathetic. Really, anything with Will Ferrell just gets me, but he with John C. Reilly is just perfection.

My goals for 2007? Well, I'm happy to report my main goal for 2006 was reached (get my blood pressure back down to normal). Woo hoo. This year? Um, world domination? Ok, not very ladylike or Canadian, really. Work with good people (no more assholes). Make some money. Create a format that'll travel (I think I'm close). Get a decent vacation. Visit my brother in China.

Also trying to in general be a better human and better friend. First steps - committed to a volunteer opportunity in my 'hood and hosting a dinner party tomorrow for girlfriends I didn't get to see over the holidays (crosses over nicely into the eat healthier/drink less/take better care of myself resolution as well).

Am also contemplating, wait for it, actually activating my own blog instead of just tormenting you all. Be afraid.

TV Minion said...

Still alive. My computer breaks are often completely without warning - I burn out and get busy and decide that staring at a screen sucks.

And I know about John C. Reilly, man. "Psychosomatic - does that mean he can, like, light things on fire -with his mind-?" Shake and Bake, baby.

Congrats on the blood pressure! And all good resolutions. I have one health-related one, and that's to get running again - lack of regular exercise and too much Xmas food has made my pants tight. :P

And cool about the blog! Do it!