1/09/2007

Little Mosque and Samosas

Yesterday, I went to the CBC atrium to scam some free samosas and check out the first episode of Little Mosque on the Prairie. I've seen it before, but not with credits and music and all - so I knew that the jokes were easy, it was a family-type show, etc. I still laughed at some of the jokes.

What's more is - the audience at the atrium seemed to -really- enjoy it - the laughter wasn't forced and after the first act, there was a pleasant buzz in the crowd like 'Hey, this isn't half-bad.' Now, the Globe and Mail (well, John Doyle) and National Post are very very positive and it seems like the buzz may actually translate into a decent show.

I really hope so, anyway. Aside from any tenuous connections I might have to the show, I think it would be great for the CBC to have a hit comedy. And I think some of the actors (in particular, the very funny Manoj Sood) really deserve it.

Also: Carlo Rota? I love that guy.

1 comment:

ME said...

I am with you on the Carlo crush, but I've liked him since he started the food show.

It was OK. It has promise. It was really trying to be good, it just didn't quite make it. But I have faith and I will keep watching.